What is a dental cleaning?
A dental cleaning is one of the most important tools we use to prevent tooth decay and take care of your smile. Generally performed by one of our talented dental hygienists, a dental cleaning consists of a number of preventive measures and a thorough examination of your smile. During a dental cleaning in Marietta, Georgia, we will:
- Clean, dry, and polish each tooth for a healthy shine
- Remove all built-up plaque and tartar, which cause infection and decay
- Examine all existing dental restorations to see if they need repair or maintenance
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Check for signs of periodontal disease and tooth decay
We suggest coming in for a dental cleaning once every six months. This allows us to keep your smile healthy and diagnose any damaging conditions early on when they are easier and more cost effective to repair. A dental cleaning is also the ideal time to ask our skilled dentist, Dr. James M. Kinney, any of your questions or concerns. Our dental team is dedicated to giving you the individual time and attention you deserve from your dentist. If you are due for a dental cleaning, please call a member of our friendly dental team today to schedule a visit. We look forward to helping you achieve a healthy smile!